postgres serial datatype compatibility

Fausto Bencosme
Hi,

I have a problem trying to use hsqldb if the code is the following

@Column(name = "id", unique = true, nullable = false, columnDefinition = "serial")
@Generated(GenerationTime.INSERT)
private Integer id;

Version 2.2.8:
I got the error: "user lacks privilege or object not found: MyEntity"
 Does not work even I put
        <property name="url" value="jdbc:hsqldb:mem:MyDB;sql.syntax_pgs=true" />

Version 2.0.0
Everything works less  the classes who has  columnDefinition = "serial".
When I use this version (2.0.0) almost all work fine the only problem is that
hsqldb does not support serial datatype and  sql.syntax_pgs is being ignored =/.

Please if you know some something about it let me know asap.

Many thanks.
--
(
 )