empty "current statement" in system sessions

empty "current statement" in system sessions

Łukasz L.
Hi,

Checking SYSTEM_SESSIONS table I have backup job waiting for another session which has empty CURRENT STATEMENT COLUMN. How can I know what is it?
See attachment.

LukaszInline images 1

Re: empty "current statement" in system sessions

Fred Toussi-2
There is no straightforward way of knowing if it is not reported. Suppose the session has executed SELECT * FROM A TABLE and finished. It is not executing anything therefore there is no statement text. It must be committed before the backup can proceed.

It could be safe to reset that session if you are not changing the session settings.

Version 2.3.0 avoids this situation when a session has performed selects from information schema tables, which happens when JDBCDatabaseMetaData is used.

Fred

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013, at 9:00, Łukasz L. wrote:
Hi,

Checking SYSTEM_SESSIONS table I have backup job waiting for another session which has empty CURRENT STATEMENT COLUMN. How can I know what is it?
See attachment.

LukaszInline images 1

Email had 1 attachment:

  • active sessions2.png