Using dbms_transaction.local_transaction_id

Using dbms_transaction.local_transaction_id

Susan Hickey

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice on how to deal with a problem I’m having.

I’m trying to get our integration tests running with hsqldb but I’m having a problem with the following piece of sql:

SELECT my_table_id

                FROM my_table

                WHERE transaction_id = (select dbms_transaction.local_transaction_id()   from dual)

I understand that hsqldb provides a transaction_id() function that should work here but I can’t add a user defined function called dbms_transaction.local_transaction_id()  that calls transaction_id() because I get a SQLException for invalid schema name: DBMS_TRANSACTION.

If anybody has any ideas on how to get around this I’d be very grateful.

Thanks a million,

Sue

Susan Hickey | Software Developer | Information Mosaic

New York | Dublin | Edinburgh London | Luxembourg | New Delhi | Singapore | Kuala Lumpur | Melbourne

e[hidden email] | wwww.informationmosaic.com | twww.twitter.com/infomosaic

‘Winner 2011 FTF News Technology Innovation Award in the Corporate Actions Processing category for Best Industry Initiative’

Re: Using dbms_transaction.local_transaction_id

Susan Hickey

Hi Fred,

That works perfectly, thanks a million for your help.

Sue