URL File Syntax (percent encoding)

Thorsten Goetzke
Hello,

It seems like hsql does not decode percent encoded URLs. For example
if I want to connect to a file under the path
'/db/Hello World'
the correct file-URL would be
'file:///db/Hello%20World'
. But in Order to make hsql connect I would have to use
'jdb:hsql:file///db/Hello World'
which is not a valid URL according to RFC 1738.

So my Question is: Is it a bug or a feature that you cannot use percent
encoded URLs?

With best regards,
Thorsten Goetzke

Re: URL File Syntax (percent encoding)

Fred Toussi-2
The URL is not supposed to follow any standard.

We also do not recommend using database names that contain spaces.

Fred