Support for START WITH.... CONNECT BY PRIOR syntax

Support for START WITH.... CONNECT BY PRIOR syntax

Susan Hickey

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any plans to support the START WITH… CONNECT BY PRIOR syntax?

Eg:

UPDATE msg_log ml

   SET ml.instruction_cancelled_flag = 'Y'

WHERE ml.message_id IN (SELECT message_id

                               FROM msg_log

                         START WITH message_id = 12345

                         CONNECT BY PRIOR parent_message_id = message_id)

I’m trying to get our test suite running in hsqldb and can’t figure out a way to rewrite this is a way that will work with hsqldb.

Thanks a mil,

Sue

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Susan Hickey | Software Developer | Information Mosaic

New York | Dublin | Edinburgh London | Luxembourg | New Delhi | Singapore | Kuala Lumpur | Melbourne

e[hidden email] | wwww.informationmosaic.com | twww.twitter.com/infomosaic

‘Winner 2011 FTF News Technology Innovation Award in the Corporate Actions Processing category for Best Industry Initiative’

Re: Support for START WITH.... CONNECT BY PRIOR syntax

Susan Hickey

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your quick response. I wasn’t aware of the WITH RECURSIVE syntax, I’ll look into that and see if I can rewrite my query this way.

Thanks again,

Sue