Quantcast

Stopping the HSQL database

O'Shea, Sean
Stopping the HSQL database

Hi all,

I'm able to start my HSQL database through a .sh command like this (my database is called test):

java -cp hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.Server -database.0 test -dbname.0 test

Does anyone know of a similar way to stop the HSQL database using a .sh command?

Thanking you in advance

Kind regards

Sean O Shea

Sean O' Shea
GIFT  Associate
Fisc-Ireland Ltd. / Fidelity Investments
External: + 353 91 747448
Email: Sean.O'[hidden email]

FISC Ireland Ltd., registered in Ireland no. 245656. Registered office: Hardwicke House, Upper Hatch Street, Dublin 2.
Any comments or statements made are not necessarily those of Fidelity Investments, its subsidiaries or affiliates.

Re: Stopping the HSQL database

Michael Landon - IBN
Stopping the HSQL database
Write a script that connects to the server & issues the "SHUTDOWN" command.

Any comments or statements made are not necessarily those of Fidelity Investments, its subsidiaries or affiliates.

Re: Stopping the HSQL database

Blaine Simpson
I don't know in what way you want it to be similar, but if you just mean
that it will work
from a shell/batch script, you can run

    java -jar /path/to/hsqldb.jar --sql shutdown <URLID>

That will do a graceful shutdown by running the SQL command
"shutdown;".  See the
SqlTool chapter of the HSQLDB User Guide.

--
ICF:  703-934-3692       Cell:  703-944-9317