Problem connecting to hsqldb on network Apple

Problem connecting to hsqldb on network Apple

Bayless Kirtley
After changing the port number from 9001 per Blaine’s suggestion, my database program starts the server on the Mac OS machine and I can connect to it from other processes on the same computer. I cannot seem to connect from another computer on the same local network. I use the exact same technique that has worked on a Windows network for over a year with the exception of the computer name. The computers are able to see one-another and manual file sharing works between them. Trying to connect to the database with my Java program, however, gets “Operation timed out (Connection timed out).” The same thing happens when trying the Swing Database Manager. The empty form appears with “Initializing” in the status line until the java exception pops up.

I know this is not likely a problem with hsqldb but am hoping someone has the knowledge that I do not and can point me in the right direction toward a solution.

Bayless

Re: Problem connecting to hsqldb on network Apple

Blaine Simpson
The HyperSQL HTTP Server is there for this use case.
http://hsqldb.org/doc/2.0/guide/running-chapt.html#rgc_http_server