Quantcast

ODBC Driver available

Fred Toussi-2
The ODBC driver for HSQLDB was developed two years ago, but no binaries were
released.

I have uploaded the Win32 MSI installer to:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hsqldb/files/alpha_beta/

The driver works with the latest versions of HSQLDB.

- Install the driver and configure ODBC data source for it to connect to an
HSQLDB server instance.
- The default empty password for SA does not work. You need to define a
password for the user on the server.
- The ODBC data source is HyperSQLu (the u stands for Unicode)
- You can also try out the data source by connecting to it as a jdbc-odbc
bridge data source from JDBC

The ODBC driver does not currently handle metadata calls. But it handles SQL
statement execution correctly.

Fred Toussi

Re: ODBC Driver available

sanja
fredt <fredt <at> users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> The ODBC driver for HSQLDB was developed two years ago, but no binaries
were
> released.
>
> I have uploaded the Win32 MSI installer to:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/hsqldb/files/alpha_beta/
>
> The driver works with the latest versions of HSQLDB.
>
> - Install the driver and configure ODBC data source for it to connect to
an
> HSQLDB server instance.
> - The default empty password for SA does not work. You need to define a
> password for the user on the server.
> - The ODBC data source is HyperSQLu (the u stands for Unicode)
> - You can also try out the data source by connecting to it as a jdbc-odbc
> bridge data source from JDBC
>
> The ODBC driver does not currently handle metadata calls. But it handles
SQL
> statement execution correctly.
>
> Fred Toussi

Hello! I've downloaded the file hsqldb-2.2.9.zip and in it I can't
recognise where is ODBC driver for HSQLDB, and that is what I need. Any
help is welcome.

Re: ODBC Driver available

Fred Toussi-2
The driver is a separete package, hsqlodbc-win32-1.9.0.3.msi. It is in
the directory with the link below.

Fred

On Thu, May 9, 2013, at 15:11, sanja wrote:

> fredt <fredt <at> users.sourceforge.net> writes:
>

> > The ODBC driver for HSQLDB was developed two years ago, but no binaries
> were
> > released.
> >
> > I have uploaded the Win32 MSI installer to:
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/hsqldb/files/alpha_beta/
> >
> > The driver works with the latest versions of HSQLDB.
> >
> > - Install the driver and configure ODBC data source for it to connect to
> an
> > HSQLDB server instance.
> > - The default empty password for SA does not work. You need to define a
> > password for the user on the server.
> > - The ODBC data source is HyperSQLu (the u stands for Unicode)
> > - You can also try out the data source by connecting to it as a jdbc-odbc
> > bridge data source from JDBC
> >
> > The ODBC driver does not currently handle metadata calls. But it handles
> SQL
> > statement execution correctly.
> >
> > Fred Toussi
> >

> Hello! I've downloaded the file hsqldb-2.2.9.zip and in it I can't
> recognise where is ODBC driver for HSQLDB, and that is what I need. Any
> help is welcome.

Re: ODBC Driver available

John Way
Fred,

Trying to get ODBC driver working on Win 7 x64; not sure if this is supported, but trying anyway.
MSI installs, but nothing goes into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI and ODBCINST.INI.

Manually added:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers\HSQLODBC Driver = Installed
HKLM\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\HSQLODBC Driver\Driver = C:\Windows\system32\hsqlodbcu.dll
HKLM\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\HSQLODBC Driver\Setup = C:\Windows\system32\hsqlodbcu.dll

ODBC DSA shows HSQLODBC Driver (v1.09), but attempting to a User DSN with HSQLODBC Driver returns ..system error code 193.

Am I barking up the wrong tree??

Thanks,
John