Network server

Pietro Santurelli
Hi all,
I need for a suggest about how implement client/server architecture with hsqldb.
I have realized an application server that set connection properties and start
hsqldb (with method start() of class Server); subsequently client try to connect
to server URL (via DriverManager.getConnection(url,user,password)).
In this way, when I attempt to connect with teh server, I obtain an SQLException
that say (in italian): java.sql.SQLException: L'archivio non esiste in statement
[].
Is this the correct way or no?
Please help me.
Thanks in advance,
Pietro

Re: Network server

Fred Toussi-2
Your URL is probably incorrect.

Once you have started a server, you connect to it using something like
jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost

The last part varies depending on your server setup.

In case others wonder where the Italian message comes from (means "file does
not exist"), HSQLDB 1.8.0.x supports localised SQL error message files. The
Italian version is currently the only alternative to English and is used
when the user's locale is Italian.

Fred

Re: Network server

Pietro Santurelli
Fredt,
thanks for your response.
I've omitted the database alias in url :(
Now all functions right.
Anyway, is this the correct way to set up a database network server? Or is there
more efficient way?

Pietro

AW: Network server

Hillger, Thomas (regio iT)
Hi Fred,

I may support you with German. Just say how.

Regards Thomas

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

I need for a suggest about how implement client/server architecture with
hsqldb.
I have realized an application server that set connection properties and
start
hsqldb (with method start() of class Server); subsequently client try to
connect
to server URL (via DriverManager.getConnection(url,user,password)).
In this way, when I attempt to connect with teh server, I obtain an
SQLException
that say (in italian): java.sql.SQLException: L'archivio non esiste in
statement
[].
Is this the correct way or no?
Please help me.
Thanks in advance,
Pietro

SF.Net email is Sponsored by the Better Software Conference & EXPO September 19-22, 2005 * San Francisco, CA * Development Lifecycle Practices Agile & Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects & Teams * Testing & QA Security * Process Improvement & Measurement * http://www.sqe.com/bsce5sf _______________________________________________
Hsqldb-user mailing list
[hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/hsqldb-user

SF.Net email is Sponsored by the Better Software Conference & EXPO September 19-22, 2005 * San Francisco, CA * Development Lifecycle Practices Agile & Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects & Teams * Testing & QA Security * Process Improvement & Measurement * http://www.sqe.com/bsce5sf _______________________________________________
Hsqldb-user mailing list
[hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/hsqldb-user

Re: Network server

Pietro Santurelli
Hi all,
now I have another problem: I can connect to database server without errors but
seems that there aren't table in database. It is impossible !!!!!
Hint and/or suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Pietro

Re: Network server

Thanks Thomas,

If you want to translate the messgages, use the
sql-error-messages.properties file as the source. The Italian version is
named sql-error-messages_it.properties. The files are in the
src/org/hsqldb/resources folder.