Mac OS FYI

Bayless Kirtley
It seems that any script or command files, at least for hsqldb, must be created on the Mac rather than copied from a Windows computer.

I changed the port number from 9001 to 8933 per Blaine’s suggestion and edited the startup script file I copied from Windows using TextEdit and the database server started fine. I then edited the dbmanger.rc file and the script file to start the Database Manager similarly. The Manager could still not connect claiming the alias in the .rc file was incorrect. I finally deleted all three files and retyped them from scratch exactly as they appeared to have been and everything worked as expected. Apparently Mac OS just ignores the CR that Windows inserts at the end of each line of a text file but leaves it in the file. This seems to interfere with hsqldb.

I hope this helps anyone who may have to convert from Windows to Mac OS in the future.

Bayless