Quantcast

Lob sizes HSQLDB 2.3.0

Tmo_hsqldb_q
Hi Fred,

Our application has been using HSQLDB 2.3.0 for quite a while now.  However a question came up recently in regards to Lob file size.  I know for 2.3.0 Lob file size is not reduced on deletion of entries or usual HSQLDB maintenance calls.  Is Lob file reduction a feature of the latest release or will it be part of future releases?

many thanks,
Tony

Re: Lob sizes HSQLDB 2.3.0

Fred Toussi-2
Lob size reduction is supported in version 2.3.4. At each checkpoint,
the amount of deleted lobs is checked and the size of the .lobs file is
reduced if the entries at the end have been deleted.

Fred