Is hsqldb appropriate for this task?

beet-2
I need to do a very simple thing for my custom application, which is
to search through a .csv file containing 3 columns and 70k records,
and return the results of a query.

I don't need to create tables, or manage a db in any other way.  So my
question is, should I use hsqldb for this task?  Will it simplify
things for me, or if not, what do you recommend is the best course of
action to take in order to do what I just layed out.

Re: Is hsqldb appropriate for this task?

Dimitri Maziuk
On Monday 22 August 2005 03:20 pm, Beet wrote:
> I need to do a very simple thing for my custom application, which is
> to search through a .csv file containing 3 columns and 70k records,
> and return the results of a query.
>
> I don't need to create tables, or manage a db in any other way.  So my
> question is, should I use hsqldb for this task?  Will it simplify
> things for me, or if not, what do you recommend is the best course of
> action to take in order to do what I just layed out.

You could try csvjdbc (Google will turn it up). I don't know if it's any
faster than HSQLDB, though.

Dima
--
One distinguishing characteristic of BOFHen is attention deficit disorder.
Put me in front of something boring and I can find a near-infinite number