How to run the tests?

Maurício Aniche
Hi team,

We are using HSQLDB in one of our research projects. We are currently able to manually compile it, but not able to run the tests.

Is there a guide on how to do it?

Merry xmas!

--
Maurício Aniche
Postdoc researcher

Re: How to run the tests?

Fred Toussi-2
There are several groups of tests.

The JUnit test for individual classes are in the test-src directory. Those for database features are in the src directory in the org.hsqldb.test package.

There are some non-Junit tests that need their output to be checked and compared to previous runs. These are in the org.hsqldb.test package. The main group consists of multiple scripts in the testrun directory. The scripts are run by the org.hsqldb.test.TestScripts class.

Fred Toussi

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016, at 20:17, Maurício Aniche wrote:
Hi team,

We are using HSQLDB in one of our research projects. We are currently able to manually compile it, but not able to run the tests.

Is there a guide on how to do it?

Merry xmas!

--
Maurício Aniche
Postdoc researcher
Delft University of Technology
@mauricioaniche

Re: How to run the tests?

Maurício Aniche
And should I make anything to make them all pass? As an example, TestDatetimeSimple#testSimple fails (database lock acquisition failure...).

Merry xmas, Fred!

Cheers,

On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 12:16 PM Fred Toussi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Merry Xmas to you.

I read you blog on TDD and found it interesting.

This test does not fail when I run it. The file: database for this test is deleted at the start of each of the two tests that use it and is shutdown at the end. Perhaps your version of JUnit is running the tests in parallel. The reported error means a second processes is attempting to open an already open file database.

This test is actually a demonstration of an old issue that was fixed at the time and could be considered a regression test for the syntax of the statements but not for the results (which needs visual inspection of the output).

Some JUnit tests in that directory extend TestBase and some don't. The ones that don't are more likely to be demos for issues like this one.

Fred

On Sun, Dec 25, 2016, at 11:35, Maurício Aniche wrote:
[...]

Hi Fred,

Oh, thanks!

I manage to execute most tests now, by creating a /hsql/tests folder on my Mac. Most of tests are passing now; some of them are still red and I need to investigate a bit more.

More importantly, with the ones that I managed to execute, I already found a breaking change in our hsqldb version! That's a win! :)

Cheers,