HSQLDB - next release is 2.4.0 for Java 8

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

HSQLDB - next release is 2.4.0 for Java 8

Fred Toussi-2
The next release of HSQLDB is getting ready. The latest SVN code
includes the new features and a snapshot jar may be released in a week.

Version 2.4.0 supports java.time and other features in Java 8. A version
for Java 6 and 7 will also be released.

Now the default mode of transaction management allows creation of tables
and other database objects while transactions are in progress. This
allow database change management software such a FlyWay to work.

SupportWare subscriptions http://hsqldb.org/web/supportware.html or
smaller contributions http://hsqldb.org/web/openoffice.html are needed
to continue the development and maintenance of the software.

Fred Toussi
HSQLDB Project


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Hsqldb-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/hsqldb-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: HSQLDB - next release is 2.4.0 for Java 8

org.hsqldb
On 2017-01-27T14:19:22 +0000
Fred Toussi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now the default mode of transaction management allows creation of tables
> and other database objects while transactions are in progress. This
> allow database change management software such a FlyWay to work.

Hello!

Does this mean that using DDL statements inside a transaction will no
longer cause that transaction to be automatically committed?

M

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Hsqldb-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/hsqldb-user

attachment0 (871 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: HSQLDB - next release is 2.4.0 for Java 8

Fred Toussi-2
The DDL statement will still be committed.

The new feature allows other transactions to be in progress when the DDL
is executed.

Fred

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017, at 14:35, [hidden email] wrote:

> On 2017-01-27T14:19:22 +0000
> Fred Toussi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Now the default mode of transaction management allows creation of tables
> > and other database objects while transactions are in progress. This
> > allow database change management software such a FlyWay to work.
>
> Hello!
>
> Does this mean that using DDL statements inside a transaction will no
> longer cause that transaction to be automatically committed?
>
> M
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Hsqldb-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/hsqldb-user
> Email had 1 attachment:
> + Attachment1.2
>   1k (application/pgp-signature)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Hsqldb-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/hsqldb-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: HSQLDB - next release is 2.4.0 for Java 8

org.hsqldb
On 2017-01-27T15:22:07 +0000
Fred Toussi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The DDL statement will still be committed.
>
> The new feature allows other transactions to be in progress when the DDL
> is executed.
>

OK, thanks.

M

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Hsqldb-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/hsqldb-user

attachment0 (871 bytes) Download Attachment
Loading...