Failing tests

Michael Slattery
I'm getting failures running the tests and I want to make sure I'm doing things right.  Are these problems known?  Am I doing something wrong?

Software I'm using
  Ant 1.8.2
  java 1.6
  Windows 7
  HSQLDB 2.2.6

I ran:

copy "%userprofile%\.m2\repository\junit\junit\3.8.2\junit-3.8.2.jar" lib\junit.jar
cd build
ant clean hsqldb preprocessor sqltool
ant -f test.xml clean.test.suite make.test.suite
ant -f test.xml run.test.suite

Problems encountered:

1. I had to add this to build.xml/target[@name='-preprocessor']/javac
         <classpath>
            <pathelement location="${ant.core.lib}"/>
         </classpath>

2. These tests freeze
--- org/hsqldb/jdbc/JDBCResultSetTest.java
-    public void testGetConcurrency() throws Exception {
-    public void testInsertRow() throws Exception {
-    public void testDeleteRow() throws Exception {
-    public void testRefreshRow() throws Exception {
-    public void testCancelRowUpdates() throws Exception {
-    public void testMoveToInsertRow() throws Exception {
-    public void testMoveToCurrentRow() throws Exception {

3. These tests failed.  I can get you more detail if needed.

org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCCallableStatementWhileClosedTest
  methods: testSetBlob testGetNClob testSetSQLXML testGetNString testGetNCharacterStream testGetCharacterStream
  error: The test case is only a stub.

org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCClobClientTest
  methods: testPosition testPostionInResource
  error: java.sql.SQLFeatureNotSupportedException: feature not supported

org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCConnectionCreateStatementTest
  methods: several (12)
  error: ResultSet Type expected:<1005> but was:<1004>

org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCResultSetTest
  testGetWarnings -> TODO: cases to test spec'd generation of warnings
  testGetType_SCROLL_SENSITIVE -> expected:<1005> but was:<1004>
  testRowInserted -> TODO: The test case is empty.
  testRowDeleted -> TODO: The test case is empty.
  testGetGeneratedKeys -> The test case is only a stub.

org.hsqldb.jdbc.pool.JDBCXAConnectionTest
  methods: testClose testGetConnection
  error: expected:<true> but was:<false>

org.hsqldb.jdbc.pool.JDBCXADataSourceTest
  methods: several (7)
  error: The test case is only a stub.

org.hsqldb.jdbc.pool.JDBCXAResourceTest
  methods: several (9)
  error: The test case is only a stub.

org.hsqldb.jdbc.pool.JDBCXIDTest
  methods: several (5)
  error: The test case is only a stub.

org.hsqldb.jdbc.ScriptedTest
  files: several(12)
  error: User lacks privilege or object not found:

org.hsqldb.jdbc.ScriptedTest
  files: several(3)
  error: Expected an update count of 0, but got the error: java.sql.SQLException: invalid schema name:

org.hsqldb.jdbc.ScriptedTest
  files: several(3)
  error: not found: BLAINE in statement [connect user blaine password blaine]

org.hsqldb.jdbc.ScriptedTest
  files: several(3)
  error: SQLSyntaxErrorException: unexpected token: WORKAROUND

org.hsqldb.jdbc.ScriptedTest
  files: several(4)
  error: misc. other errors

Re: Failing tests

Fred Toussi-2
Hi Michael,

Item 2 (test freeze) is caused by changes since 2.2.5. I have committed updates to the test suite. You can use the test suite from SVN trunk with version 2.2.6 code or later.

The rest of the failures are not important. They are mainly to do with stubs or unsupported features.

Fred