FW: Temporary table in a procedure

Paul Slater

Hello,

I want to declare a table in a procedure, populate it, manipulate the data and return a result set. Unfortunately I can’t get even the most basic attempt to compile. Please can someone help me with this….

create procedure sp_Balances(IN argAccount varchar(32))

modifies sql data dynamic result sets 1

begin atomic

declare table tbal(tnum integer,tdate date,trow integer);

declare resout cursor for select * from tbal for read only;     ç Fails saying tbal doesn’t exist ??

/* Get raw data */

insert into tbal(select TxnNum,TxnDate,RowNum() from XL order by TxnDate,TxnNum);

/* Manipulate data and send it back */

open resout;

end

Many Thanks, Paul