Quantcast

Determining Memory Requirements

Mazzolini Mike
All,

        I've got an application that leverages HSQLDB to keep auditing records. It's been working very well. However, I've recently run into a problem with some users experiencing OutOfMemory exceptions when the database is starting up from the Java application.
        My question is, "How can I determine what the estimated required memory (Java heap) is needed?". Our application already knows how to set the Java heap size when it initializes a new VM. So, it would be great to know if the size the application has set will be enough to initialize the HSQLDB on startup.

Thank
Mike