Debugging user lacks privilege or object not found

Debugging user lacks privilege or object not found

James Green
We have an entity that expands out to several others via join tables. We manage the schema in Liquibase.

The problem I have is that I'm getting the following error: user lacks privilege or object not found. The field it complains of is actually held in several different classes any of which might be being mapped during the test.

Would it be possible to include the table name in the exception error report please?

Thanks,

James

Re: Debugging user lacks privilege or object not found

Fred Toussi-2
The name of the table is included. Below is the actual message when the table named CUSTOMERS is not found:

user lacks privilege or object not found: CUSTOMERS

Fred

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013, at 15:06, James Green wrote:
We have an entity that expands out to several others via join tables. We manage the schema in Liquibase.

The problem I have is that I'm getting the following error: user lacks privilege or object not found. The field it complains of is actually held in several different classes any of which might be being mapped during the test.

Would it be possible to include the table name in the exception error report please?

Thanks,

James

Re: Debugging user lacks privilege or object not found

Fred Toussi-2
Yes.

When a column does not exist it mentions the column name that was not found. For example, the customer table exists but there is no column named CUST

SELECT customer.cust FROM Customer
user lacks privilege or object not found: CUSTOMER.CUST

SELECT cust FROM Customer

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013, at 7:29, James Green wrote:
[...]

So in the second example if I were using a framework that hid the SQL query I would not know from the error that it was the CUST column of the CUSTOMER table (as opposed to the CUST column of a similar table also used in the software routine).

That's probably what caused my lengthy delay in debugging yesterday.

On 24 September 2013 12:40, Fred Toussi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

We report the name submitted in the query. When the query covers more than one table, which table name are we supposed to report?

Use logging on your framework to show the SQL queries to see where it goes wrong.

Fred