Custom functions disappearing from script file

Custom functions disappearing from script file

Dean Oemcke
Hi,

I am have seen a few instances recently of my database (v2.2.9) dropping custom functions from the script file.
I take nightly backups and am seeing that on one night all the functions will be there and then the next night (and from then on) they are missing. All other data seems to remain intact.

Specifically, a typical function in the script file looks something like this:

CREATE FUNCTION PUBLIC.FORMATCUSTOMERNAME(IN FIRSTNAME VARCHAR(40),IN LASTNAME VARCHAR(40)) RETURNS VARCHAR(80) SPECIFIC FORMATCUSTOMERNAME_10066 LANGUAGE JAVA DETERMINISTIC NO SQL CALLED ON NULL INPUT EXTERNAL NAME 'CLASSPATH:xxx.formatCustomerName'

Do you have any idea what could cause these functions to be dropped from the database?
I believe something similar may also be happening to the global temporary tables from time to time.

Thanks for your help,
Dean

Re: Custom functions disappearing from script file

Fred Toussi-2
This hasn't been reported before. I guess if the classes for the java functions are not available on the classpath when the database is opened, this might happen.

In any case,  I suggest you follow this up in the SourceForge Help forum, as it can take several posts to clear it up.

Fred