Configure HSQL DB to use a digest algorithm other than MD5 like SHA-1/2

Configure HSQL DB to use a digest algorithm other than MD5 like SHA-1/2

Anand_MA

Hi,

We are using HSQL DB for our project and are looking to have our product FIPS certified. During the FIPS compliance testing we have seen that HSQL uses MD5 digest internally to obfuscate data like user password. Is it possible to configure HSQL DB in such a way that it uses a FIPS compliant digest algorithm, like SHA-256, instead of the default MD5. Please note that this is NOT a query related to DB encryption.

Thanks

Anand

Re: Configure HSQL DB to use a digest algorithm other than MD5 like SHA-1/2

Fred Toussi-2
Yes, this is possible to achieve.

You need to join SupportWare at the appropriate level to get support for setting this up.

http://hsqldb.org/support/index.html

Fred Toussi