A Question About HSQLDb

Mohammed Aziz

Hi,

I am a graduate student in the Department of Information Systems at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC). I am doing research in the area of software engineering. I would very much appreciate if you could answer the following questions of mine:

1. I was wondering if HSQLDb has gone under any major restructuring/redesign initiative in its history. Restructuring/redesign initiative can be defined as a concerted effort during a time period in which major changes were applied to the code base to improve software architecture/design while little or no functional enhancement was made.

2. If the project has gone under such an initiative, then would it be possible for you to give the dates or revision/release numbers that are "right before" and "right after" this structuring effort? I would like to checkout the source code from the repository to compare structural measurements that belong to "before" and "after" snapshots. Note that the dates and revision/release numbers should be right before and right after the initiative because I would like to be able to isolate and observe the effects of this effort.

Your response will be very helpful in our research. Thank you very much for your time in advance. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mohammed Aziz

P.S. This research is solely performed for academic purposes.

Re: A Question About HSQLDb

Fred Toussi-2
1. Some structural changes without major functional change were made between v. 1.7.0 and 1.7.1 (you can find the tags in CVS repository).
2. Major restructuring has been performed all the time since those versions, but always as a rewrite of parts of the code to improve functionality.

Fred